- Much improved syntax highlighting and editing for the formula editor, by adopting Runestone.
- Syntax highlighting is more robust, in particular when there are some errors or spreading formulas over multiple lines.
- Editing auto-inserts closing brackets or string quotes, and auto-indents
- Smoother state restoration on Mac and iPad
- Fix card not updating when adding a search result to the collection by pressing “Add” button, potentially resulting in duplicates
- Restore missing picker label on Mac
- Robustness fixes
- Fix very long CSV columns not fitting the pickers
- Allow referencing data fields that have a dot in them, e.g.,
value("some\.name")to reference the field with the key
- Fixes regression where you couldn’t add or edit fields anymore
- Fixes fields marked as “title” not being named for the title of locations in Geo Feeds
- Fixes issue where pasting an identical field would end up with duplicated keys; keys are now de-duplicated by adding a number, when pasting if there’s already an existing field with that key
- Search includes locations from within the collection
- Allow searching for Plus Codes
- Include “New…” option also during multi-location editing
- Show how many locations are selected during multi-selection
- Adjust state restoration to also restore whether file list and inspector was visible, and also the last used map position.
- Style tweaks for search results autocompletion on macOS
- Fix that ineligible search bar background colour on iPhone
- Fix collection staying visible after creating and deleting it
- Fix split-screen not working on iPad
- Fix GeoSub content disappearing on subsequent file change after initial load
- Fix paste action not being immediately enabled after copying a field (or preset)
- Handle failure when trying to open a collection that’s not downloaded while you’re offline
- Maintain sorting of fields, where keys use underscores or camelCase
- Show default fields in fields editor, so you can hide them
- Show default fields in location details even if they don’t have a value yet
- Importer robustness: More reliably detect GeoJSON content
- Fix exporting while viewing multiple collections
- Fix exporting multi-polygons and multi-linestrings as encoded polylines
- Fix crash when using very large radii for circles on the map
- Fix showing colours of non-editable colour fields in details
- Fix where changes to subscriptions showed an “not modifiable” errors when they should be modifiable
- Tweak formatting of non-editable numbers fields
- Indicate selection of routes and polygons on map
- macOS: Add status bar
- Move “Publish” inspector after “Presets”
- Always show “Website” widget, even if none set yet
- Various behavioural tweaks to managing presets, including allowing re-ordering, behaviour when deleting them, adding a “Make Default” context action
- iOS: Add “Export As” also to share sheet for locations
- Fix performance issues when viewing list of collections, being stuck at 100% CPU usage
- Improve performance of initial load of list of collections, particularly on iOS
- Fix issue where “Publish” inspector might mark a collection as not published even though it is
- Fix issue of routes not being saved correctly after removing some parts
- Hide emoji and colour pickers when location isn’t editable
- Robustness fixes for iCloud documents that are in a conflicted state
- iOS: Fix collection not re-opening after pressing back, then clicking the same one again
- iOS: More padding between emoji picker and colour picker to make the former easier to tap
- iOS: Save changes to title, emoji, notes and other text fields when pressing “Back” button before confirming by pressing “Done”
A round of fixes:
- Important fix for collection changes not saving reliably
- Fixed some edits on location card on iOS not saving when navigating back before pressing “Done” or “Enter”
- Deselect location from map after navigating back form location card on iOS
- Workaround for list not calculating location height correctly
- Minor style tweaks
- Share Extension improvements for iOS
- Accepts shared files, in particular GPX and GeoJSON files
- Also show nested collections, but exclude folders
- File management improvements by
- New context actions for adding new files/folders into a folder
- Fix dragging multiple collections into a folder
- Disable some Drag & Drop on Mac that were resulting in framework errors
- Maintain “Additional data” expansion also when toggling between locations
- Location editing fixes on iOS
- Resign first responder when pressing “Done”
- Make sure keyboard doesn’t cover the location card
- Use text area for editing plain text, too
- Add anonymised usage statistics, powered by TelemetryDeck
Major new feature: Publishing
With a single click, you can now publish your collections to the web on https://mapar.one. Anyone with the link can then browse your collection – or add them to their Maparoni app or download it as GeoJSON. Details will follow shortly in a blog post. Stay tuned!
- New GeoJSON-friendly
Style(Geometry)to get a style from a geometry (for colouring)
- Formula enhancements
Color(Any)to get a random colour from anything
value(String): Anyto understand path expressions
- Style tweaks for inspectors
- Tweak default zoom to be further out when selecting something in the list
- Fix crash when selecting an item that’s in multiple groups (happened when grouping by a multi-choice field)
- Fix crash when trying to use invalid GeoJSON transform (e.g., to Feature/FeatureCollection/GeometryCollection)
- Enable automatic daily updates by default (macOS only)
Multi-item selection and editing (macOS)
- Location details have been moved from a pop-up to an inspector
- Add multi-location selection and editing (so far for checkboxes, ratings, single-choice and multi-choice fields)
- Allow moving multiple items at once (macOS only)
- Add “BoundingBox” option when exporting GeoJSON
transform(String)formula to turn lines into polygons, polygons into bounding boxes, etc.
- Remove “Show Organise Inspector” right-click on locations
- Move Fields inspector into Info (i.e., Document) inspector
- Remove item sharing on macOS (as exporting works better)
- Fix crash when clicking internal link in User Guide
- Moving items to a different collection is now more robust
- Restore ability to right-click for a menu without first selecting (macOS)
- Don’t show default value for colour/time/date fields when not selected, but rather have an “Set” button.
- Don’t allow editing title/colour/emoji of search results
Export options (macOS only):
- Allow multi-item export (and deletion) by command-clicking
- Option to merge polygons
- Option to restructure GeoJSON
- Speed-up initial load
- Dismiss location pop-up when scrolling list
- Request/import editing: Disable fetch/parse buttons while in progress
- Pass on more “Undo” action names
- Various styling tweaks to the inspectors
- App updates can now be installed in-app, thanks to Sparkle
- Fix single choice looking like the first value is selected; add ‘None’ option, allow picking ‘None’, too.
- Fix re-ordering available values of a ‘Choice’ field on iOS
The focus of this build is on the behaviour of the formula editor:
- Much improved behaviour for when the suggestions should show up, i.e., just in beginning, when typing a dot, or pressing Esc; and not as much when navigating the cursor or selection around.
- Does not show an empty suggestions window, unless you press Esc to specifically bring it up.
- Maintain previous selection in suggestions window when typing.
- Provide partial completions for each possible case of a switch for textual values or formula results.
- Provide partial completions not just for prefix but any sequential match, i.e., after a
.case("Hello World")if there’s a location with the title “Hello World”.
- Minor style tweaks, shrinking it to fit number of suggestions and applying tint colour to the selected row’s background.
Squashes a bunch or related bugs related to formulas:
- Fix to the
find/2formula on long strings, which
- Fix partial completions broken when there’s a range string (e.g.,
- Fix comparison of Strings to sub-strings, e.g.,
title == "A"
- Fix highlight after a closing bracket, e.g.,
- Fix highlight of range expression within a case, e.g.,
- Fix highlight of defaults keys such as
And a few more related bug fixes for presets and fields:
- Changing the formula for one part of a preset should keep it selected
- Fix not being able to add a field for an “additional data” key
- Fix available schemas missing formulas on GeoSubs
- Fix undo/redo when changing saved presets
Various further improvements:
- Rename “New Subscription” to “New from URL”
- KML importer now guesses KML namespace from the XML content
- Addresses a memory leak from the location pop-up on macOS
- Style tweaks, in particular for the “New from URL” view
- [New] Can now apply multiple styles to each item, by returning a list, e.g.,
[fixedCircle(5km), pin("")]would show a circle and a pin for each location.
- [New] Experimental(!) “Index as…” option on collections to index them using a given id. This can then be used for efficient look-up from other collections using the new
lookup(coordinate, 'index-id')formula. Note: This does not yet persist across restarts and only works for polygons.
- [New] Exporting an item of a collection on Mac now brings up save dialog
- [New] “Subscribe to URL…” button when creating a collection (#419)
- [New] Templates can now include instructions, e.g., see the “Trips” template.
- [Change] Add current location from a callout on the circle on the map, removing the dedicated “+” > “Current Location” option
- [Change] Updated and simplified the look of the screen that pops up when moving a location to another collection (or using the
add-*URL schemes) (#411)
- [Change] In-line editing of location details (#409)
- [Change] Exporting collections/views on Mac now works same as exporting entries (i.e., you select output format in the file picker, and have an option to simplify, too.)
- [Change] Add to collection immediately when pin dropping on map
- [Change] Don’t show route count when drawing or in location details; instead show aggregate length and area
- [Change] Scripting collections (i.e., those that point at a non HTTP-URL) now get better help in the locations list if there’s no content yet.
- [Fix] Various fixes for map animations, in particular for collections that mix polygons with pins.
- [Fix] Fixes issue when dropping file on app icon (#410)
- [Fix] Fixes issue where location details might stay visible when swiping to delete the location while its pop-up is visible
- [Fix] Fixes an issue where local files might be missing in the hierarchy
- [Fix] Pop-ups prompting for a name, now include a clear button
- [Fix] Pressing ‘Done’ after having entered an invalid formula no longer deletes it.
- [Fix] Sort subfolders same as root (i.e., folders first)
- [Fix] Performance improvement by doing fewer reloads of folder items
- [Fix] Allow deselecting last collection by command+click
- [Fix] Style tweaks of files list (centered emoji; don’t fill folder icons; upload/download on side; adjust share info to be more like Finder’s)
- [Fix] Style tweaks for Mac (especially for Monterey; native alerts)
- [Fix] When drawing the colour of the colour picker, the colour on the map, and previously selected colours now stay in sync (#414)